Monday, March 22, 2010

Character Illustration - The Gorgon



I'm in a Character Illustration class this quarter, and so far it's been a lot of fun. We have to come up with a main character and a story first. So here she is, my Gorgon. She's not your typical gorgon, she's a protagonist. In the world I'm creating, the monsters are the good guys, and the heroes are the bad guys. She's ditzy, excitable, self-confident, and genuinely friendly. Her best friend is a self-conscious, nervous Harpy. The first bad guy they encounter is an evil unicorn, who steals the puppy Cerberus on the grounds that Cerberus is a monstrosity, and must be done away with. I'm having a lot of fun playing with reverses roles and making silly characters. I can't wait to draw up the others.

1 comment:

  1. Haha your story plan reminds me of the Wolf's version of the Three Little Pigs, which rules!

    http://www.shol.com/agita/wolfside.htm

    I can absolutely see greek and roman heroes of old being intolerant bigots hell-bent on killing those that aren't "regular" humans

    ReplyDelete